Zion’s Hill Preschool program strongly encourages family interaction and inclusion.Understanding that every family has busy lives, we provide many varied options for involvement in school activities. There are annual events that parents and families can participate in throughout the school year.
Our special events at the school are a part of our annual planning year to year so each child in the family will participate in these memorable activities. Our school community has always been very supportive of our school activities.
- Family Fun Day is scheduled in early fall each year. We organize this event to allow our families an opportunity to get to know each other and enjoy a fun filled afternoon with their family and new friends. The activities are similar to a back yard carnival including face painting, balloon toss, tug of war, badminton, treasure hunts, donuts on a string, bean bag toss and musical entertainment.
- Children’s Parades include Halloween, Chinese New Year and celebrating children. Over the year many families member have become running and running is healthy activity that we encourage.
- We celebrate the National Week of the Young Child and each year we plan activities, including providing family education, community awareness of early childhood education and a fun special themed event or activity for the children.
- The coveted Bike Day for the fours and fives is scheduled in May. The children bring their bikes to school and ride around and around the parking lot with their friends. This has become a special moving up event.
- Our Mini Marathon has each class group running their age in laps around the parking lot. The children are running for fun with friends, receiving accolades for efforts and energy from teachers and families in attendance. This is a May event.
- We march in the Wilton Town Memorial Day Parade, inviting any veteran’s or active duty family members to participate. This event gives our families the opportunity to celebrate this all American holiday with an extra special commitment. The children are colorfully dressed and carry our nations flag with youthful pride./list]