[intro]Zion’s Hill Preschool Program provides a developmentally appropriate learning environment for children ages two to five years.[/intro]
Our team of highly skilled educators facilitates play-based learning through thematic activities, drawing upon the Creative Curriculum and the CT Preschool Curriculum Framework.
Play-based learning offers children a natural environment to build the foundations for reading, writing, math, and science, while simultaneously practicing the social and emotional tools necessary to foster friendships, independence, and self-help skills. These skills, coupled with gross-motor activities and creative arts, allow children to grow through exploration, discovery, and expression.
[aside]Zion’s Hill Preschool Program is an Independent Nondenominational School. Our school community has no religious affiliation. We welcome all faiths and cultures.[/aside]
Our low teacher-to-student ratio enables us to focus on each child and their unique potential, which in turn allows children to develop self-confidence and a lifelong love of learning. In partnership with families and the community, we provide a nurturing and loving atmosphere to support our children and provide continuity between school and home.
Download the ZHPP Brochure (PDF).
- At Zion’s Hill, a part of Wilton since 1972, lifelong friendships are formed
- Highly educated and long-tenured teachers, trained in CPR and First Aid
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Parent-run Board of Directors
- Daily electronic communications to show our emergent curriculum in action
- State-of-the-art playgrounds, bike park, and movement room
- Library complete with SmartBoard technology